The term for car ceiling is a headliner. You usually wash the exterior car but forget to clean car roof interior. You should care for the ceiling more often. Hence, let’s note the best way how to clean the ceiling of a car at home.
Tidying up the car’s roof isn’t the same as other parts. The headliner has 3 layers. The outside is vinyl, fabric, or leather. The middle part is foam. The inside is solid cardboard or fiberglass to shape the ceiling.
The foam and fabric can absorb odor and dust. They are the reasons that cause smells in your car. Besides, these materials are sensitive to moisture. If you oversaturate and scrub the ceiling hard, it can be affected permanently.
Table of Contents
Way to Clean the Ceiling of a Car
- To prevent the build-up of dust and dirt, use a damp towel to clean the roof frequently.
- If you see any spills, solve them immediately.
- Never apply severe chemicals and solid materials to the ceiling.
- Don’t leave the cleaners dry on the roof without rinsing. It will be tough stains you have to deal with in the future.
- Spray a thin layer of liquid onto the headliner to avoid damaging the materials. Never let the cleaner expose the carpet or upholstery.
- Be careful: water or vinegar can leave streaks on windows and windshields.
You should care for both the interior and exterior car. Therefore, learning how to clean the ceiling of a car is useful. You can solve stains on the roof easily without hiring car services. This post includes different cleaning methods for small or large stains.
Don’t forget to remove odors. Your car will become spotless and have a pleasant scent. Using commercial or DIY cleaners is up to you. A comfortable car will deliver you all the way.