Why should we clean our car windows regularly? Simply because it ensures safety when it comes to driving. Hazy windows may blur danger signs and lead to accidents. If left untreated, dirt and grime may build up on your window and leave blotches that are hard to take off without damaging your glass.
That said, is it possible to save money while maintaining cars?
Yes. It is easy if you know how to clean car windows with vinegar!
Table of Contents
Cleaning Car Windows with Vinegar
Does vinegar clean glass? The answer is yes. Vinegar contains acid that effectively dissolves accumulated dirt. Plus, it has a natural antibacterial ingredient that disinfects surfaces.
So, how do we clean windows with vinegar? Here are the things you need.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 5 to 6 microfiber cloths
- Bottle spray
- Black and white newspaper
- Mixing bowl
Below are the easy steps to use them.
Step 1: Make your window washing solution.
To make your vinegar cleaning solution for windows, you need 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar. Mix the two in a bowl and stir well. Then, transfer your solution to a bottle spray for easy application on the windows.
- Helpful Tip:If your windows are dirtier than usual, then the best vinegar solution for cleaning windows is 1 cup of water combined with 1.5 cups of white vinegar. A higher percentage of vinegar makes the solution stronger, thus, more effective at softening accumulated dirt and grime.
Step 2: Spray homemade vinegar and water solution.
In this step, let us focus on two areas: outer window cleaning and inner window cleaning.
Step 3: Wipe your window.
- Fold your microfiber cloth twice before you start wiping. This technique will help you save a number of microfiber towels.
- One way to clean without streaks is to wipe from top to bottom. Make even vertical streaks from the middle of the window.
- Then, finish with horizontal swipes from the center to the sides to clean the film off the inside of your windshield.
When your microfiber cloth seems severely stained, flip it. This will give you a dry and clean area to continue wiping the windows streak-free. You can clean both sides of the glass this way.
Step 4: Work your way to the other windows.
Do the same steps and use the window cleaner on the rest of your car.
There you have it! Easy steps to remember in cleaning your vehicle glass just by using vinegar and water!
Are there other home remedy solutions you can use aside from the one we described above? Yes!
Here are other cleaner recipe and steps you need to know.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to clean car windows with vinegar?
Yes. Some other people prefer to use a vinegar and water solution rather than products sold in the market. It should work fine and not damage your car.
What is the best thing to wash your car windows with?
One of the best ways to wash your car windows is through the use of vinegar. It is very cheap but does the job excellently. People also use distilled water and windows cleaning solutions sold in the market.
Can we use apple cider vinegar for window cleaning?
Absolutely! It can be used in glass cleaning with a mixture of water. It is effective at removing stubborn dirt and grime because of its high acidity.
How do you get streak-free windows on a car?
- Use a wiping cloth that is lint-free. A low-pile microfiber cloth is the best tool to leave no streaks on your windows.
- Use vinegar and water.
- Wash the vehicle under shade.
One of the best things to use in cleaning is vinegar. It is natural. It is safe. Most of all, it is economical. You can use it as your all-around cleaning agent at home. Just mix vinegar with water, and you are good to go!
Hopefully, the tips here help you achieve that streak-free, clear car windows that ensure your safety when driving at night.
Now, share your knowledge on how to clean car windows with vinegar. It is the best thing to clean car windows with.